Sunday, June 23, 2013

book of the "do it for yourself"


   
  
  


"In high school, I was really insecure. I was jealous of everybody. Everybody had something that I didn't have and I wanted it. It was just really self destructive and I was just very unhappy in high school. I think we all intrinsically have our own personal sense of style within us, and even if it means that you have to start off by mimicking someone's outfit, styled by outfit by outfit, it's not identical, in a sense. It's still being filtered and syphoned through your won perspective. So you're still twistin' it, you know? All of you guys have your own personal sense of style, just inherently in you but it's up to you to kind of lift those mental blocks in your head, like "what are people gonna think about me" or "they're gonna think I'm crazy or trying too hard" or like "I really cant pull this off" because that's all mental. It's all in your head, and once you lift that, you're free and you just feel a lot more happier and confident with yourself. It's gonna come gradually. And in due time, you're eventually gonna stop caring. So just plant that thought in your mind. and do it for yourself, do what makes you happy."


(clothes encounters // quote // gif credit)